In Ayurveda, the saints had studied scientifically about PANCHAGAVYA and other useful commodities from a cow and utilizes the same in Ayurveda Medicine.
Godughda ( Cow Milk): Cow milk is suitable to consume, from an infant to an elderly person. Consumption of cow milk helps to gain strength & wisdom. Its taste is sweet and is cool & energetic. Regular consumption of cow milk helps the body to stay health & strong, is useful for elderly ones to maintain the tone. Cow milk is free from flatulence and is the most beneficial from other varieties of milk. The properties of milk change depending on the diet of a cow. A cow that consumes grass as well as other food, has strength, increased virility in her milk. That’s why it is helpful for health people. Milk of a cow that is fed with Grass is beneficial for sick persons. Consumption of Lukewarm Udder fresh Milk in early hours helps maintaining the health. It is recommended to consume udder fresh milk with moments. If it has to be consumed later on then it has to be boiled. The froth on cow milk is useful to subsidize the three effects according to Ayurveda – Vat, Cough & Pitta (Bile). Chakarakarya has included milk & ghee in the diet of a pregnant woman. Cow milk helps growth of embryo and is necessary after delivery as it is a complete food for the infants. Cow milk is useful for a wounded person. It helps to cure bleeding disorders, chronic fevers, and asthma. For treatment of Ascites cow milk is used. All the above facts when considered proves Cow Milk as an Elixir on earth.
Godhruta ( Ghee ): In Comparison with all the oily substances Godhruta (Ghee from Cow Milk) is the best. Regular consumption of the same increase wisdom, memory, thinking power, digestive power, strength, sperm strength and life. Cow milk also helps softening of the skin, adding glory, improvising vision and reducing bile. Havan – (Burning of Cow dung cake) with ghee, cleans the atmosphere making it germfree. It is recommended to use Ghee for the same, if aged, the better. Ghee that is aged helps curing eye diseases, epilepsy & physic disorders.
Ghee that is aged helps curing eye diseases, epilepsy & physic disorders.
In Ayurveda there is a special branch called PANCHAKARMA. This helps cleansing the body of toxic wastes. The medicines used for such treatment have Godhruta as one of its content & they are called by various names of Ghruta.
Falghruta: useful in many Gyaenocological diseases.
Jatwadi Ghruta: helps healing wounds.
Kumkumadi Ghruta: make skin soft & fresh.
Godhruta is also used in cosmetics.
- Skin: When ghee is applied at body massage blood circulation increases. The skin turns soft, fresh, wrinkle free.
- Hair: A head massage helps hairs maintain its strength & prevent hair fall. Growth of hair is well mannered, they are soft & silky. Use of medicated ghee prevents baldness, dandruff, ageing etc.
- Eyes: Applying Anjan ( Surma) on eyes made from cow ghee keep the eyes cool & bright. Within no time the stress, fatigue on the eyes is relieved. And a massage with Godhura aroud the eyes after 10 minutes of applying Anjan, Cleanses Black circles around the eyes & blood circulation increases.
- Lips: Lip splits/cracks occurred are cured by massage of ghee on lips. Gargling with Godhutra in mouth gives exercise to the inner skin and maintains its smoothness. Mixture of Ghee, Honey, Kokam Extract, Aloe Gel & Glycerin in equal parts in a vessel is recommended. The lips are softened when this mixture is applied.
- Cracks on Sole: A mixture of Ghee, Glycerin, Kokam extract & Aloe Gel in equal parts is used to heel the cracks on the sole & soften the skin. First soak the feet in lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes, then wash it. Later , apply the mixture on the feet.
- Body Massage: A ghee massage in direction towards the heart increases blood circulation, tones & softens the skin. Toxic substances are flushed out of the body resulting in health skin with a good texture & reduce excessive fat.
- Aroma Therapy: In this therapy Aromatic Oils combined with a base Oil is used. The proportion of these Oils varies depending on the treatment. But instead of Base Oil
if Ghee (Godhruta) is used then the mixture is easy to spread and is more effective.
- Beauty Treatment: In Beauty Treatment an Enima of Ghee is very effective.
- Lubrication: PANCHAMRUTA – A mixture of milk, ghee, sugar, honey, curd & sugar is good for health. This acts as a lubricant in the body and helps reduce Vata from the body…….
Godadhi (Curd): Consumption Of curd increases appetite, is healthy for heart, reduces Vata, cleanses the vessels making a free flow for fluids. Curd is a remedy for chronic cough & cold, nausea, renal disorders etc. To Cure Dandruff apply sore curd on hair, soak for some time and then wash off.
Ayurveda insist not to consume curd at nighttime.
Excessive consumption of curd can lead to diseases like Leprosy, Fever & Leucoderma.
Gotakra (Buttermilk): Buttermilk is easy to digest because its particles are minute. The taste is sour and slightly bitter & reduce Vata & Cough & increases the appetite. Buttermilk consumption proves helpful also in conditions like Piles, Irritable bowl syndrome, obstruction in passing urine and flush out toxins out of body. TAKRATISHTA, a medicine made from Buttermilk is useful for Piles, Worms and Gastric troubles.
Gonavit (Butter): Cow milk butter helps to maintain a healthy skin, good texture & increase the sperm strength. Butter purifies blood, throw away toxins, cures hyperacidity & cough and cold. This is the best for small children and elderly persons.
Gorochan: The bile stones found in gall bladder of a cow is Gorochan. Its main properties are that it increases appetite, good for peristalsis, increase wisdom, helps to regain consciousness. Also proves helpful in treatment of weakness in liver, Anaemai and Kidney Stones and is used specially in treatment for Measles.
Gomaya (CowDung): Gomaya is an effective Deodorant & Disinfectant and a good source of energy. Gomaya is considered a good mean to purify soil & air. The compost made out of cow dung is the best manure of all which results in good and healthy crop yield with a better taste. Cow dung is the one of the important ingredient in making PARPATIKALPA in Ayurveda. Black Ash, i.e.: the residue after burning cow dung cake. Is used as Toothpowder.
Gomutra (Cow Urine): Cow Urine is a good Germicide. Regular consumption of Gomutra increases the appetite as well as flush out toxic substances through sweat & urine. Applying cow urine on body reduce skin itching and is thus used in treatment for skin diseases, white patches, ascites etc. also is helpful in eye defects, diarrhea, kidney disorders, mental illness and anemia. Gomutra is solution to cure most of the disease caused by germs. Gomutra helps maintain the equilibrium between the Tridosha – Vaat, Pitta (bile) & Cough. It boosts up the efficiency of Liver and immunity. Minerals like Copper, Gold and many other are contents of Gomutra. Cow Urine itself is non toxic and helps reducing toxins.
The toxic effects of Mercury are reduced by processing the metal with Cow Urine.
Some medicines are more effectives if combined with something else. Such types are known as JAIVIKVARDHAK. Gomutra is such one of the substance, is beneficial for health, environment & economy when used. Due to JAIVIKVARDHAK the medicines boasts a higher efficiency, less quantity is required and tone down the side effects of other strong medicines.
Scientist from Central Institute of Medicine & Aromatic Plants (C.I.M.A.P), Lucknow and Govidyan Anusandhan Kendra, Nagpur, studied Gomutra as a Jaivikvardhak thoroughly and the medicines( Formulas) invented by them received its patent (No:6410059) from Unites States of America along with the rights.
A total number of sixteen minerals are present in Gomutra along with gases, acids, antibiotics & many other useful ingredients. These are required for nutrition, growth and protection of human body. Due to content of Salts of Gold, the Milk and the Ghee of cow is yellowish in color.
A medicine named GOZARAN contains all the above constituents. Consumption of this leads to a healthy heart, prevents clotting of blood, dissolves fibroma and curing of fist stage of cancer is possible. Gozaran improves digestion, increase the number of white blood corpuscles thus increasing Immunity, efficiency of kidney elasticity of muscles. Regular consumption of this supplies Vitamin A,B,C,D,E and maintains all the sensory organs in a healthy state. Gozaran is not recommended to use by persons suffering from Pitta (Hyperacidity). Gomutra being an antiseptic is useful to kill germs in the wound. Gomutra is a painkiller. If suffering from toothache them gargling with Gomutra is recommended. Its consumption reduces back ache and knee ache and when massaged reduces muscle pain.